Old Journals

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

03.26.06

Father figures, politicians, teachers, older adults, grandparents, astoanaughts, all of these people seem to me to hold some “holy” uncertainty when I think of them. But don’t all people on Earth have to face the same notations, and expressions of phenomena, most times, by the established theories of physics. When applying these stereotypes to such personas I often oversimplify their selves. An astronaught’s time piece which I might have glimpsed on the NASA channel is to him, as no doubt it would be to me (again I model this which simplifications) not the major part of his achievement. The major steps would have been all of the unsolvable problems, his relationship with others, his own personal problems (such as multiple personality [not the normal dissociative disorder, just as a phrase for mood swings] dilemmas) he underwent when reaching the goal of being sent into space.

Modeling situations, on paper seems dull to me as compared to real world models, b/c in the real world more models are made apparent without my effort instantaneously while I am part of the experience. So when I create a model for a tree as a side of a triangle and stop treating the tree as a tree but a line of a triangle, it takes on the properties reserved for that triangle. Then I can know how to operate on the various relations between the lines in the triangle from my studies in trigonometry.
Just the same way, say an object is moving around a circle. The fact that it’s moving implies an acceleration, and thus since I assume it has mass, a force. Now this force is abstract, in a sense that it need not be a intrinsic quality of the object traveling around the circle, but it is an addition of more simple concepts, which provide their forces, which depend on other properties involving this object and are related through other relations to each other by different concepts that the circle traveling here. Now when these are all superimposed on one another, to create a net force, they are by the fact that the object is traveling in uniform circular motion relates to the speed of the object and its radius in a simple ratio m(v^2 / r)

(unfinished entry)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home